Thanks to the advent of Korean dramas and shows, Korean food is in the spotlight nowadays and many are curious about unique Korean food to try while visiting Seoul. A lot of Korean restaurants have opened worldwide and people just can't stop salivating in these delicious treats and today, I wanted to share with you some of the favorite Korean food of travelers in Seoul, South Korea. Photo credits to owners (ctto)
1. Galbi – marinated short ribs or more known as Korean BBQ made up mostly of pear-soy marinade that has super sweet and salty taste to it.
2. Bulgogi (pulkogi) – marinated beef that taste likie galbi but thinner cut of meat.
3. Jjajjangmyeon (jajangmyon)– noodles in black bean sauce. It originated in China and Koreans have grown fond of it and has become the most popular take out item in Seoul.
5. Bibimbap (bibimbap) – rice with beef, vegetables and red chili paste called gochujang top with sunny side up egg. All the ingredients are mixed and voila, a tasty and healthy meal.
6. Budae jjigae (boo-de chige) – a stew made with kimchi, ramen, sliced sausages, spam, tofu, & rice cake. Created after the Korean war
8. Samgyeopsal (sam-gyup-sal) – Thick slices of pork
9. Japchae (chap-che) - hair noodles mixed with various vegetables
10. Kimchi - the most famous food in Korea; made up of fermented cabbage.
Here are other notable Korean food:
here’s the list of the most unique Korean food to try while visiting Seoul:
6. Budae jjigae
12. Sondubu stew
14. Bibim Naengmyeon
15. Doenjang jjigae
16. Kimchi jjigae
24. Haemul Pajeon
There you have it, some of the best and most unique Korean food and you can use this as a handy guide if you visit Korea and you can’t understand the menu. Be sure to comment down below which one is your favorite or which one you would like to eat first.